It’s not a summer holiday in my house without this Jello cake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
1 box yellow cake mix
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. 3 oz. red gelatin
1pkg. 3 oz. blue gelatin
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip topping, thawed
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
Fresh fruit of your choice
- Bake cakes according to package directions using the round pan option.
- When cool enough to handle, dip bottoms of cake pans in warm water 10 seconds; unmold cakes.
- Once cooled, place cakes, top sides up, in clean 9-inch round pans. Pierce with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir 2 minutes. until completely dissolved but DO NOT refrigerate. Carefully pour mix over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Mix 1 pkg. of vanilla instant pudding and 1 cup milk, stir until firm, then add in 8-oz. container of Cool Whip and spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Decorate cake with fresh fruit